Traveladdict's spot to talk about what he's been up to lately.

Tuesday, March 15, 2005


I can't believe how nice the weather has been here. I know this is going to cause lots of problems this summer with droughts and fires, but it's just not going to bother me. It seems that alot of people immediately respond with the negative when you say something is great. I'm a big fan of balance, but trust me...I don't need your negativity to balance my enjoyment. There are enough negative moments in everyone's life without us going around and constantly pointing them out to each other at every opportunity. I know I've even done this before. I dunno...maybe I'm just too full of sunshine at the moment.
Anyway, Saturday started out with waking up early and enjoying a press-full of my coffee I brought back from Costa Rica. A coworker stopped by the house to see if I could help him figure out what was wrong with his broken down car (broke down a few blocks from my house.) I went, narrowed it down in a few minutes, and had him on his way shortly thereafter. (A set screw on the rotor had come loose - rare that it would fire a cylinder and likely to fire at the wrong timing.) I also told him he needed to get some new plugs, cap, and rotor.
It felt good to work on a car again, so when I got back to the house I took my beater pickup and ran down to the parts store to get stuff for an oil change on the car. I also stopped by the home depot for more stuff to finish my balance board. The oil change on the car took no time and the coworker showed up for me to help him with his maintenance. A simple job, but I couldn't find all of my tools. Once we had the needed socket wrench, I got it done. Then I rode my bike to the local bar with my roomate so that we could watch NCSU lose their tourney game on espn2. Oh well, the day was nice for the bike ride. I came back and played on the balance board for a good while and then went out later to hang out with a woman I met coming back from Costa Rica. We went to a local mexican restaraunt with some of her friends, then we all went over to her place to play some cards. I left pretty early so that I could get up at a decent time on Sunday. Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home