Traveladdict's spot to talk about what he's been up to lately.

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Canon SD300

I just realized I hadn't expressed how happy I am with my camera I got before my trip to Costa Rica. All pictures taken in CR were taken with this camera and all pictures taken since the trip. (pictures I list as archive photos might not be.) I waited a long time before purchasing a digital camera for various reasons. I've had access to some through work, have a good 35mm, would keep some disposables on hand, for a while had a video camera that took low quality stills, etc... This was so worth the wait. It's small enough that it goes with me everywhere (always in my pocket.) It takes high quality pictures. (4.0mp) It has a great lcd screen for previewing shots. Rechargeable lithium battery (it's more compact than AA and has a fairly good life, just buy a spare to keep charged like I did). Extremely intuitive controls (you could easily figure it out without a manual.) I was able to get an underwater case direct from Canon for it. (This also protects it from sand and likely from a decent drop as it's cheaper than the camera.) The bonus that puts it over the top is the unlimited streaming video time (only limited by the amount of memory, so I bought a 1gb card.) I highly recommend this as a primary camera mainly due to it's portability. You can see the camera and a review from my favorite site for digital cameras here: http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canonsd300/ Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home