Withdrawls...

It's been a while since I posted. It's also been a while since I've surfed. I'm in serious need of wave time and really want to be back in the water asap. The past few weeks have been big and nasty at the coast with most days having over 20ft combined seas with 13-20 ft swells and lots of wind. A good picture of this can be seen here: http://www.cannon-beach.net/webcam/gvwebcam_050329_66.jpg I have had some other things going on though. The week before last I spent the majority of in San Francisco at our company's annual User's Group meeting. As usual, it was a good time. This difference this year was my stress level. I had to give some presentations and I don't think I've ever been more nervous. I just didn't have the confidence in my knowledge of the subjects and was worried about getting caught on something that I "should" know. I'm tensing up thinking about it. I guess I did ok though. I hope to be better prepared next time around. Last week didn't have much of note. I managed to get some motivation and ride my bike one day and go for a lunch run where we got rained on. Friday I managed to mow our wet jungle of a lawn after work. I couldn't wait for it to completely dry, for fear of another shower. We we had some people over for a college basketball final four party on Saturday. Beer and lots of hotwings on the grill was a hit. I'm confident that my roomate has the best recipe for hotwings in existence. Once I found out the key ingredient is one of my favorite marinades...it all made sense. It was an all ages party and the pic here is of the youngest of the group checking out my hammock. Today I slacked and drove to work, but made up for it at lunch with a run along the waterfront on this beautiful day. Tonight is the final game between Illinois and UNC so we're headed over to the boss's house for pizza and game, which should be fun. Till next time...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home